As the new year begins, mental health professionals and therapists have the opportunity to approach their Instagram presence with fresh perspectives and strategic growth.
When creating content, it's so easy to become attached to our posts, for example:
👏 "The reel that took less than 10 minutes to make is really increasing my engagement! A lot of people commented and shared it!" (you feel ecstatic when this happens!)
😩 "The carousel that took an hour to spend and you expected it to be one of your top-performing posts turned out to be a flop." (you question yourself: what did I do wrong?)
And these are totally normal! — I experienced these in the past 3 years! 😅
However, you need to remember this: Do not attach yourself to your content. Have a balance between being an entrepreneur and a content creator.
Start with a CEO Mindset ✨
As the quote suggests, don't attach yourself too closely to your content.
Instead, view yourself as the CEO of your therapy business or private practice, and take note of these:
👉 CEOs don't hastily abandon ship when one product/service flopped in a few hours or a couple of days, so you shouldn't let the success or failure of a single post define your journey.
👉 CEOs meticulously analyze data, identify strengths, and strategize improvements, so you should adopt a data-driven approach, study what worked well, and discern areas for improvement.
Next is strike the balance ⚖️
Find and maintain a balance between being an entrepreneur and delivering value through your content.
It's about putting on different hats at the right time.
CEOs don't make impulsive decisions based on short-term outcomes, and neither should you.
Here's what you can try doing instead:
1️⃣ Stay Sane
● Understand that the world of social media and content creation is dynamic, and success is often a marathon, rarely a sprint.
● Keep a level head, even in the face of unexpected bumps or curves.
2️⃣ Set Realistic and Reasonable Goals
● Rather than being swayed by instant gratification, set achievable and realistic goals and celebrate milestones and your progress regularly.
● Long-term success often stems from consistent, quality content and endless trial and error (which is not always shared by most experts).
3️⃣ Analyze and Adapt
● Embrace the analytical side of being a content creator: Dive into the data, discern patterns, and adapt or adjust your strategy accordingly.
● What worked? What didn't? What topics resonated? Learn and evolve!
4️⃣ Know When to Wear Which Hat
● Recognize when to be the creative visionary and when to be the strategic decision-maker.
● It's a delicate dance between artistic expression and calculated entrepreneurship.
With the new year, start with a new mindset!
And, let's do so with a commitment to growth, resilience, and a balanced approach to our Instagram journey! 🤩
Be the CEO of your content, study the data, and remember that success is not defined by a single post but by the collective impact of a well-thought-out content strategy.
Here's to a year of intentional creation, strategic entrepreneurship, and the flourishing of a vibrant online community! 🌟
Looking for more support? HERE'S HOW I CAN HELP YOU 👇
◾ Instagram DIY Kit - you can get started using my FREE guide so you'll be familiar with the basics and start practicing and applying them.
◾ Instagram Management - you're starting to grow and you want additional help! Sign up for this monthly service and get dedicated support for the next 6 months.
◾ Virtual Assistance - do you have specific needs related to operations, tech, marketing or even launching? Explore this service instead!
Cheering you on,